Emma Squared Designs

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Welcome Gnome...House Warming Gift

My best friend, whom I call "Chickadee", got married on May 19th. She is such a wonderful person and am so very thankful that God put her in my life. Mr. & Mrs. Chickadee also just bought a house so what I made for them should fit right in. 
Chickadee likes gnomes and I am sure these gnomes will like hanging on the wall in her new home. 
I used three 6x6 deep canvases from my local craft store. I believe the brand is Artist's Loft. 
I used an old Butterick clothing pattern and Mod Podge to prepare the canvas. Once dried, I painted the grass and sky. Before the paint dried, I wiped off as much of the thick paint as possible. I did this so that the pattern will show through the paint. 
Next, I used the "My Little Friend"clear stamp set from There She Goes stamp company. The clouds and sun were painted on with Golden Molding Paste mixed with paint.  

I plan on giving Mrs. Chickadee this home warming gift tomorrow. I am sure she will like it because she always tells me that she likes my crafts. She is such a supportive friend...
Enjoy and if you make something like this, please post a comments & picture. I would love to see what you make. 

Emma1

P.S. on a side note, Emma 2 & Family might be moving into a house of their own in the next couple of months. Emma 2's mom (my sister) & her husband have found the house they want and put a bit on it today. We are praying that if this is the house the Lord wants them in, He will make it work out!


No comments:

Post a Comment