Emma Squared Designs

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Another "Welcome Home" Canvas

I find inspiration everywhere. I don't always know how to turn that inspiration into something real but this time I did. I have tried for a long time to make those paper rolled flowers but never was able to make any. Then I tried to make them again...and this time, IT WORKED!!! The flowers I originally made for this project ended up being too big so I used those on another project and made small ones for this project. 
My dear friend, Gina Maria Louisa Rita*, bought a house over a year ago and has on several occasions invited me to her house but things haven't worked out for me to get there. Then it came to my attention that I had not made a "house warming" present for Gina so I made this: 
The canvas is 8x8, or was it 10x10...can't remember now. The color is a combination of spray mists. The green is Maya Road Lime Metallic Mist mixed with Maya Road Pearl Metallic Mist. The blue is Ditto Glimmer Spray in a deep blue color (no name provided). Most of the papers for the flowers are from 6x6 paper packs that I have but don't remember who they are. I am so sorry for not knowing that. but they are all really cute paper. The letters are BasicGrey Dark Chocolate Chip Micro-Chip Stickers. One of the reasons the final version is so shinny is because I used a spray fixative as the final coat. Since Maya Road Mists are not waterproof, I thought it might help to have a fixative on it. 

 Before it was finished, I added some glitter glue to the center of the flowers. Honestly, if I did this again, I would not add the glitter glue. I didn't really like how it turned out. The green and purple glitter glue is from Studio G (Michael's Dollar bins) and the black is Black Diamond Stickles.
Gina's reaction was WONDERFUL! I actually love having her look at my crafts because she ALWAYS loves everything I make. It really gives me an ego boost when Gina reacts the way she does. She is also a hugger! She has the best hugs and they are so strong, I feel like my head could pop off at any second! :)
Gina said she will take picture of the canvas's when she puts them up so I will post on here when she does.

Enjoy and I will catch you later!

Emma1

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent. Though the first name is her real name. The rest I made up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment