Emma Squared Designs

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Coupon holder

Hi everyone,
I finished the coupon holder I created using at least three different craft blogs I have come across.
First, I learned how to make book covers, which I used the technique to make the external part of the coupon holder, from www.clubscrapcommunity.com.
Then, from Laura Denison, www.followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com, I learned how to use envelopes to make mini albums.
Finally, from http://tina46klix.blogspot.com/, I learned how to make a book using the accordion fold. That was actually the project that inspired the coupon holder.


The outside paper is just a plan white watercolor paper.
The stamp is from Versailles paper collection I bought from Club Scrap. 
The inside envelopes are from Recollections Number 10 pack. 
The paper inside is also from Club Scrap. 
I used a variety of adhesives including glue sticks, tacky tape, and book binding glue. 


 It was easy at first to make but the more detailed I got, the harder it was to make. I think if I were to make this again, I would not cover the envelopes with paper. it does add stability but I am not sure it needs to be all that stable. The cover is make out of thicker cardboard and the paper I used to cover the cardboard is thick watercolor paper.

I used two Ranger Distressed Inks on the cover. The are Vintage Photo and Forest Moss. 


The tabs are cut using the Fiskars 1" and 1 1/2" circle punches. I covered the front with a clear shelf liner so I can write what I want on each tab and erase as needed. I used the Xyron sticker maker to adhere the circles and the backing onto the envelopes. 



So, now that I have made this really cool coupon holder, I should start collecting and USING coupons, right???
Thanks for stopping by!

Ali
Head designer
Emma Squared Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment