Emma Squared Designs

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Doodle Cards

A while ago, a friend of mine who works with a great organization called Phil's Friends, offered me the opportunity to make cards to send to people fighting cancer. When I agreed to send a card weekly to people I have never met, I decided I had to make something special. I had just learned a few doodling techniques from a creative artist and fellow crafter, Dyan Reaveley, and thought I would use that new doodling to make a set of cards. On each card, I also added a bible verse then mailed one each week for four weeks. I called the cards my puzzle cards. They were fun to make and I hope the recipients were happy with them (I made two sets of cards).
This is the first step: to draw the designs then color them in. On this card, I actually used my nifty water color set and even though the paper was just basic card stock paper from Wal-Mart, it didn't warp that much at all! I think it turned out really nice. 

Next I cut the 8 1/2 x 11 paper into quarters. This makes each piece 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. This is the size of a standard card. 

 Then I added the bible verses and adhered each piece onto a standard white card. Easy, right? Well, a little time consuming but I think it was totally worth it. 


Hope you enjoyed looking at the cards and I enjoyed making them. I might even make some more some day but now I al trying out some new crafting techniques.
That's all for now.
Happy Crafting,

Emma #1

No comments:

Post a Comment