Emma Squared Designs

Monday, July 23, 2012

Flowers of the Field **Updated**

I love the passage in the Bible that reminds us to not worry about what we will eat or what we will wear...see how the flowers are dressed, even Solomon in all his glory was not as beautiful. (My words paraphrasing the bible.)
I found inspiration in that passage (Matthew 6:28-29) and made this:
Matt 6:28b-29 (NIV) See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

Flowers in nature are so beautiful. I don't think I could ever truly duplicate them but I tried.
This is what I did:

1. Shopped at Hobby Lobby where they had some pre-printed plaques on clearance.
2. Make fabric "Yo-Yos" with different fabrics (I used lots of scrap fabric, some of the ones you see in the picture are actually from dresses/shirts that Mom made me and my sister when we were young).
3. Mod Podge paper on the board as desired. (I first thought of using paint but it didn't work out too well).
 **NOTE: I am bad about taking pictures during the process...you are lucky to get the picture above!

4. Once dry, paint the paper to separate sky from grass. Let dry.
5. Tear out or cute out flower stems and flowers. Distress the stems and leafs as desired.
6. Once I figured out where I wanted the flowers, I Mod Podged the stems and leafs into place.
7.  For the Bible verse, I used letter stickers.
8. Before attaching the flowers, I covered the plaque with Mod Podge for protection.
9.  Finally, I attached the Yo-Yos with Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue where desired.

And there you have it...
As my friend, Brian, used to say "done and done". :)


Emma #1

No comments:

Post a Comment