Emma Squared Designs

Friday, December 2, 2011

Gramma's Treasures

My Gramma, Charlotte Smith, about 1990. 
Now these "treasures" may not seem to be very "treasured" by most but they are to me. I think my sister would agree. From the time I could remember, my Gramma was key figure in all my memories. She was such a precious person and I miss her tremenously. When she passed away in 2003, much of her stuff was put in storage in the family garage. Slowly we have been going through her things and organizing them. Though I am not a seamstress or really that good at sewing, I appreciate the "treasures" in this box. Gramma had lots of other stuff in her box as well. It is amazing what fits into a small shoe box. 
Gramma used shoe boxes to hold everything from shoes to letters and...sewing materials. 





Though this looks like a bunch of mid-evil torture devices,
I am pretty sure these pieces are for the sewing machine.
Have you ever seen such a SMALL drill bit?1 1/2 inches!

So there you have it. A box of my Gramma's Treasures. Not as precious as she was but certainly a part of her past that has made me a little of who I am today. I love my Gramma even though I can't see her. She is healed now, perfect in every way...in Heaven. 

***Funny story about the very small drill bite - My Grandpa Smith always asked Gramma to carry tools in her purse for him. Even after Grandpa passed away in 1985, Gramma carried tools for Dad. So it really doesn't surprise me that I found a very tiny drill bite amount Gramma's sewing stuff. :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Emma #1


No comments:

Post a Comment